Diigo Links

Sunday, May 12, 2002


8k A-OK


I'm feeling pretty drained for 9:50am, but that might have something to do with the running. The race went very well. 8km is 2km shorter than 10km, and while that may seem obvious it tends to accelerate the whole racing process. You don't have to run for as long, so you run faster, so you don't run for as much time, so it's over pretty quick. The 4k halfway mark snuck up on me rapidement. Partly I guess I'm no longer in tune with kilometers. I think there was a time when I was running a lot of 10k races when I knew what a kilometer felt like. Now it just feels really short because I think in miles, and that's OK.


I hit my target time, so I'm happy about that. Now I have three months to get in good enough shape to run the same pace for 14km.


The nice thing about running a race so early in the morning is that you have a totally valid excuse to do nothing for the rest of the day. I think I'll get started with that right now.

No comments: