Diigo Links

Friday, February 28, 2003

Once more, this time with feeling!


On May, 4, 2002 I wrote:

I'm not sure what yet, but certain organizational changes have made my current position somewhat obsolete.


Usually when someone's position is made obsolete it makes that person "redundant" and they get laid off. That doesn't seem to be what's happening with me though. Not yet anyway. I've been told that there are several positions waiting for me in a few different parts of the organization - and that I need to figure out what's going to work best for me. It's more like an unrequested internal transfer. We don't have a lot of information yet. I've applied for one job here - the others may or may not necessitate a move (US?) - much remains to be seen.


It's not the best time to be getting this information (what is?). We'd expected to be in Aus for another two years. Things don't always go as expected, live with it - right? I just hope this story unfolds with a minimum of Kafka-like bureaucracy and Fellini-like madness. Maybe if I got George Lucas to direct my life ...



Well, that time it was a false alarm. I unapplied for that job and I've been doing the same thing I came here to do ever since. But today that all changed. I've been told, once again, that I should look for another thing to do - another boss - maybe expect a new title - who knows. I have a few options. I'm looking for the one that allows me to keep things stable (transfer wise) but that allows me to do things I enjoy, work with people I enjoy, etc. It's not too clear what that will be, but it's early days yet. I've got a couple months (at least) to sort things out. So, ya, here we go again.

No comments: