Diigo Links

Monday, July 21, 2003

never got posted



(I wrote this sometime last week, or maybe the week before. Forgot to post it, so...)

It's been quite a trip. I'm on my way back out to CA on my way back to Sydney. I feel like I haven't had much to write here in a long time, but a lot has been going on. At least some of that is because this is kinda a public space and so much of what's been going on is so private. I think I'm just starting to come out of the private phase. That might be because things are no longer in so much in flux. I mean sure, my job is still somewhat undefined, and I don't yet have it in writing that we'll be able to re-up for another 4years or whatever - but on the personal side things have cleared up quite a bit. I'm all moved in to my own place. We've sorted out our things for the most part. We're both understanding what's happening - even if we don't always agree on why it's happening. As I posted before, I don't intend to detail the nuts and bolts of what's gone down in the past year - I just want to be really clear here that we're getting a divorce and moving on to live a different life than the one we'd planned to live together.

I didn't write anything for a long time, so now I'm a little behind on news. It's actually been a long enough time since I moved out that I've already met someone really special whom I've been seeing for some months now - there'll be pictures and stories eventually to fill out this part of the story. I'll just say I'm really very happy with how things are going for me right now - hope it continues this way - and leave it at that.

So it's just a couple days until I'm on my way back home - Sydney. And I'm so ready. It's been a huge trip. I've seen so many people and gotten the update on many many lives, but I'm ready to go home. It happens that way. Trips are exciting, but they wear you out and in the end you just want to sleep in your own bed and be with all your stuff and do the things you like to do. I've reached that point.

No comments: