Diigo Links

Thursday, June 10, 2004

After reading this "June" will have no meaning


Four years in Sydney and it's still difficult for me to correlate "June" with "winter". In my mind June=summer. For some reason I associate June with Austin, TX. I think that's where my hankerin' for Mexican food has been a'comin from. The decidedly winter-length days, winter-type temperatures and lack of Christmas in winter all comes home to roost for me in June. If you look at a graph of temperatures for CA and TX in May you might find they're pretty close to May temps in Sydney. So, May is no problem, but in June it all comes apart. I don't think I've been able to write the date once this month without having to look it up. I generally know what number the day is, but the month I cannot seem to accept. And come July I'll probably be adjusted - and come December, who cares if it's not cold during Christmas, I'm going to the beach. No, it's June. June June June June. There I've done it. I've said it too many times and it's lost all meaning.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

texas summer night
glowing glass garrison
determined june bug

thwack.................thwack...........thwack.............
thwack....thwack..thwack......thwack....thwack.....
thwack......thwack........................................thwack.............