Diigo Links

Wednesday, July 21, 2004

Here's what I want


I've been trying to figure out an easy way to get my daily "playlist" documented. A list of all the songs that come into my head during the day. I could just write them down, but I'm not very good at that sort of thing.

I ran across this article on subvocal speech, and I figured if this could be put together with a couple other technologies I might be in luck.

Here's my plan. Subvocal speech microphone feeds little computer, like an iPod - or let's say a wiPod (I'll get to that later).  The wiPod has a bit of smarts in it that can listen to music and do "name that tune" - then it downloads the music (on demand) and plays it (with lyrics on-screen - on the back of your retina - if you like, so you can sing along using the real lyrics instead of the ones you've been making up.) . The wiPod records the title of the song on a playlist (optionally publishes it to the web, if you like).   Oh, and the wiPod is playing via a cochlear implant. Oh, and all of this is connected using Microsoft's patented human body network.
 
That's what I want.

No comments: