Diigo Links

Monday, October 19, 2009

HR

What follows is a fictional account of a possible email chain between a recently re-employed former-stay-at-home-dad with his HR rep. Any resemblance to actual communication that took place last week is purely coincidental.

It picks up in mid-conversation after having been pulled up on a spelling mistake in a performance review document:

============

To: HR
You’re right it was spelled wrong. I’m a tragic speller. I think it may have been a Freudian slip, “tragectory” being a combination of the words tragic and trajectory. I think the sentence takes on certain poetic pathos with those meanings combined. Maybe a foreshadowing of the process of taking a sharp stone and washing it in a riverbed of sand until it takes on that dull sheen of jade. Speaking of which, is there any chance I can get my previous years of service stitched together with my current years, to get my seniority back or whatever it’s called? Can that be done? Is it already done?

============


From: HR

can't be done... will discuss with you



==========
To: HR
The fish can hear the gentle click
Another facet has been removed
The rock is rounding
To its more pleasant shape
Of the moon in summer.

(not a formal 7-5-7 haiku, but you know what I’m getting at)

==============


To date, no reply, no discussion.

No comments: