Diigo Links

Thursday, August 18, 2011

I don't know if this is funny, or informative, or just real, but it would take so much set-up to explain that I might as well just point you to the paper. I've been reading this paper "Why Philosophers Should Care About Computational Complexity" by Scott Aaronson, and it struck me at one point that he provided a wonderful equation (that even I can read - given that I'd read all of the previous bits of the paper) that sort-of explains things like racial profiling, and general human discriminatory behaviour (and I don't mean only racial discrimination, I mean the act of creating groups upon which we then make generalizations). Anyway, read the paper. I got through it, and I probably don't have to say it again, but I didn't do me much math book learnin at school:



Wouldn't expect the above to mean much if you haven't read the paper. I'm just including it here so that I can find it again.

No comments: